VERGE 2016 – Where Technology Meets Sustainability
Thursday, September 22, from 3:30-4:30pm at the Santa Clara Convention Center, Andy Bindea, Founder & CEO of Sigora International and Sigora Haiti will be a panelists in the session:
Two-Way Street: What Off Grid Countries Can Teach The Rest of the World
How are developing countries creating clean energy infrastructure best practices that can be brought back to developed economies? This panel will share ways they are pioneering energy technology and financial innovations from the developing world and translate these learnings to ‘modern’ economies.
- David Crane – Senior Operating Executive @ Pegasus Capital Advisors (and former CEO @ NRG).
- Justin Guay – Program Officer, Climate @ David and Lucile Packard Foundation
- Sandra Kwak – Founder & CEO @ 10Power
- Andy Bogdan Bindea – Founder & CEO @ Sigora International
- Moderated by Susan Gladwin – President of Gladwin Consulting
VERGE is a global event series focusing on the technologies and systems that accelerate sustainability solutions across sectors in a climate-constrained world. VERGE events have been held in Shanghai, London, Boston, Honolulu, London, New York, Paris, San Francisco, São Paulo and Washington, D.C. The flagship event is held each fall in Silicon Valley, the world’s innovation hub.
For a little pre-event reading, check out: What off-grid countries can teach us about clean power on GreenBiz