Project Finance and Business Development Manager – Sigora International
Location: San Francisco, CA – Full Time
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected]asolar.com
About Sigora International
Sigora International is a socially and environmentally conscious for-profit business serving micro-residential and micro-commercial low-income customers that lack affordable and reliable electricity. We leverage our unique technology platform and deep experience in execution to rapidly deploy micro-utilities in frontier markets. Our mission is to power and empower the world with clean, reliable, and fairly-priced energy.
Sigora’s wholly owned subsidiary, Sigora Haiti, introduced affordable pre-paid electricity to Haiti in late 2015. The pilot project is currently powering 1000 households in Mole-Saint-Nicolas, and is poised to launch its NW Phase 1 expansion in 2017 Q1: construction a 3.5MW solar hybrid power station that will power approximately 27,000 households across six different communities. Sigora Haiti’s current pipeline of projects includes plans for approximately 30MW of projects, representing over 250k connections (Phases 1,2,& 3).
Sigora is an extremely fast-paced company in which hard work and innovation are welcome and rewarded. We are looking for an extremely intelligent, highly energetic, ambitious and hardworking individuals who shares our passion for solar energy, sustainability and the environment to join our team.
As a member of the Sigora team, you will be a creative thinker, a team player, honest, believe in accountability and possess integrity, charisma and professionalism. Be a highly motivated, open minded, self-directed professional with a desire to love what you do!
The most suitable candidate for the Project Finance/Business Development Manager role will be responsible for the following:
- Responsibility for negotiating with banks, DFIs and co-investors
- Preparing and coordinating due diligence
- Financial Modelling
- Coordinating the signing and closing of finance documentation
- Responsibility for the fulfillment of conditions precedent
- Responsibility for reporting under the financing agreements and Asset Management until the end of the construction phase
- Conducting research for respective financial, tax and legal aspects
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the Project Finance Manager role must have the following qualifications and experience:
- Finance / Economics based degree or a professional qualification such as B.Com, CIMA, CA(SA), CFA (or equivalent) or other (engineering degree
- Masters Degree or MBA with emphasis in Finance or related studies
- 3-5 years of prior transactional experience working within project finance, structured finance, tax equity, M&A
- Project management and complex financial modeling experience
- Strong background in Project Finance, Structured Finance or M&A
- Capability to build up networks with key stakeholders, e.g. banks, investors, developers
- Excellent commercial and negotiation skills
- Strong team working skills
- Intercultural understanding and the ability to work in an international environment are important
- Self-motivated, hands-on-mentality and the ability to work under pressure are self-evident
- Very good MS Excel Financial Modelling skills
- Accountancy experience in the Energy & Natural resource industry would be advantageous
What’s on Offer
A competitive package will be offered, based on the best suited applicant for the job. Please apply for immediate consideration. Send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]